Serves 4, preparation time – 45 minutes
500 gms parval (Pointed Gourd)
150 gms French beans, finely chopped
200 gms green peas
100 gms capsicum, finely chopped
100 gms raw banana, peeled
½ tsp green chilli paste
1 tsp olive oil
1 cup coriander, chopped
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala
300 gm thick white sauce
½ cup whole wheat bread crumbs
Salt and lemon juice to taste
Ingredients for tomato sauce
500 gms tomato
¼ tsp pepper powder
¼ tsp red chilli powder
½ tsp jaggery powder
½ tsp olive oil
Salt to taste
Method for tomato sauce
- Blanch 500 gms tomatoes
- Blend the blanched tomatoes to a smooth paste.
- Take ½ tsp olive oil in a kadai (wok) and heat it.
- Pour tomato pulp to it.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, pepper, jaggery powder to the tomato pulp and cook for 2 minutes.
- Peel parval and raw banana. Steam them together for 10 minutes
- Mash the boiled banana.
- Boil the French beans and peas together and coarsely mash.
- Roast capsicum in a kadai (wok) without oil and mix with French beans and peas
- Add red chilli powder, garam masala, green chilli paste, lemon juice, coriander and salt to taste to the boiled vegetables.
- Mix the vegetables with mashed raw banana.
- Cut the parval through the centre along its length and scoop out the seeds with spoon. Fill it with vegetable mix.
- Grease the baking dish.
- Put the parvals in the baking dish, pour white sauce evenly and pour tomato sauce over them
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on sauce
- Bake till the bread crumbs turn light golden.