Serves 4, preparation time – 30 minutes
150 gms rice, raw
50 gms green capsicum cut in long strips
50 gms red capsicum cut in long strips
50 gms yellow capsicum cut in long strips
100 gms cucumber cut in long strips
½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
Ingredients for Peanut sauce
5 tbsp peanut butter
4 tbsp water
¾ tsp red chilli flakes
½ tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp jaggery
Method for peanut sauce
- Add water, chilli flakes and red chilli powder to the peanut butter.
- Add jaggery to this mixture and mix well.
- Put this mixture in a kadai (wok) and cook it on a high flame.
- Take it off the flame once it becomes like a thick paste.
- Cook the rice, put it in a bowl and set aside.
- Pour oil in a kadai (wok).
- Sauté the red capsicum, yellow capsicum, green capsicum and cucumber in this kadai (wok).
- Add the cooked vegetables to a bowl of rice.
- Also add salt and peanut sauce to the rice, mix well.
- Serve hot.